National Institutes of Health (NIH) - Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) F32 - Individual Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Anticipated 4/2020 ( Previous deadline 4/8/2019 )
- Anticipated 8/2020 ( Previous deadline 8/8/2019 )
The annual deadlines for AIDS and AIDS-related applications are 1/7, 5/7, & 9/7 annually.
For University of Illinois students: The Graduate College will hold an INFORMATION SESSION on the NIH-NRSAs in December.
Kirschstein fellowships provide support to applicants with the potential to become productive, independent investigators in scientific health-related research fields relevant to the missions of participating NIH Institutes and Centers. The fellowships provide up to three years of support.
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
National Eye Institute (NEI)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
National Institute on Aging (NIA)
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS)
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS)
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
- Applicants must be citizens or non-citizen nationals of the United States, or have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- Applicants will have received a Ph.D., M.D., D.O., D.C., D.D.S., D.V.M., O.D., D.P.M., Sc.D., Eng.D., Dr. P.H., DNSc., N.D. (Doctor of Naturopathy), Pharm.D., D.S.W., Psy.D., or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited domestic or foreign institution prior to activation of the award.
- A Kirschstein-NRSA fellowship may not be used to support the clinical years of residency training. However, these awards are appropriate for the research fellowship years of a residency program. Research clinicians must devote full-time to their proposed research training and confine clinical duties to those activities that are part of the research training program.
- Additional information and detailed requirements for this NRSA award mechanism can be found at: http://grants.nih.gov/training/nrsa.htm.
- $43,692-57,504 annual stipend depending on years of experience.
- Institutional allowance is available for fellowship expenses (health insurance, research supplies, equipment, books, and travel to scientific meetings). See guidelines.
UIUC Application Process:
Students at UIUC must apply for this fellowship through the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), and OSP must receive completed applications at least one week before the funder's deadline. Applicants should review OSP's application submission protocol and contact the appropriate Award Negotiator at OSP well in advance of the funder's deadline.
Categories: Annual stipend of at least $10,000; Social Sciences; Sciences/Engineering/Math; US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents; Postdoctoral/Post-graduate; Fellowship/Grant; Unrestricted
If you have questions or if this listing needs updating, please contact us.