Embassy of France - Chateaubriand Fellowships for Humanities & Social Science Research in France
Deadline: Anticipated 1/2020 ( Previous deadline 1/8/2019 )
The Embassy of France offers Chateaubriand Fellowships, which support PhD students from American universities who seek to engage in research in France in any discipline of the humanities or social sciences. Projects may last 4-8 months. There are three types of fellowships:
- Fall Fellowship: 4 months, starts October 1st.
- Spring Fellowship: 4 months, starts February 1st.
- Year-long Fellowship: 8 months, starts October 1st.
- Candidates must be currently working on their PhD.
- Candidates do not have to be U.S. citizens, but they must be enrolled in an American university. French citizens are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must obtain a letter of recommendation from their advisor in the US, as well as a letter of invitation from a professor affiliated with a French university or research institution.
- A €1500 monthly stipend.
- One round-trip ticket to France.
- Health insurance coverage for the period of the grant.
Embassy of France
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: (202) 944-6438
Categories: Annual stipend of at least $10,000; Social Sciences; Humanities; US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents; International Students; Dissertation Research; Research/Study Abroad; Unrestricted
If you have questions or if this listing needs updating, please contact us.