U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) - National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) - Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (SSGF)
Deadline: Anticipated 1/2020 ( Previous deadline 1/16/2019 )
Fellowships support students pursuing a Ph.D. in fields of study that solve complex science and engineering problems critical to stewardship science. Fields of Study for this fellowship include: property of materials under extreme conditions, hydrodynamics, nuclear science, and high density physics. Fellows complete a 12-week research practicum at one of DOE's national defense laboratories: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratory or Sandia National Laboratories (California or New Mexico). Fellowships offer support for up to four years.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien planning full-time, uninterrupted study toward a doctoral degree at an accredited U.S. university.
- May be senior undergraduate students, and first and second year graduate students.
- Must plan on focusing their studies on property of materials under extreme conditions, hydrodynamics, nuclear science, and high density physics.
- Fellows in the DOE NNSA SSGF program are required to be enrolled as full-time graduate students at an accredited U.S. college or university and must study and research within the fellowship's goals.
- During the summer, fellows should conduct full-time research related to completing their degree, enroll in classes or take a practicum assignment at one of the DOE NNSA laboratories.
- A yearly stipend of $36,000.
- Full tuition and required fees paid during the appointment period at any accredited U.S. university.
- An annual $1,000 academic allowance to be used for research or professional development expenses.
- Reimbursement of travel costs related to the annual DOE NNSA SSGF program review.
- Augmented stipend during the 12-week research practicum at a DOE laboratory.
DOE NNSA SSGF Program
Categories: Annual stipend of at least $10,000; Sciences/Engineering/Math; US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents; Early Years of Doctoral Program; Dissertation Research; Dissertation Write-Up; Fellowship/Grant; Unrestricted
If you have questions or if this listing needs updating, please contact us.