Onassis Foundation - Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships for Research and Study in Greece
Deadline: Anticipated 2/2020 ( Previous deadline 2/28/2019 )
Fellowships support research and study within Greece by non-Greeks in the fields of the humanities, social sciences, economics/finance, and theoretic studies of the arts (artists are not eligible). For the academic year 2019-2020 and concerning the field of Humanities, the Foundation particularly encourages applicants who want to work on topics and/or with material related to the Cavafy Archive and Library, and the Onassis Library. The fellowships offer support for up to 10 months.
"Category C" fellowship for Ph.D. candidates offers up to 5-10 months of support. Applicants must be enrolled for a Ph.D. program in a University either outside or in Greece, and should be under 40 years of age.
"Category E" fellowship for postdoctoral researchers offers 3-6 months of support. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. and have an agreement of collaboration from a full or tenured professor at a Greek Public University.
- The fellowships are primarily intended for persons of non-Greek descent.
- Cypriot citizens may apply for postdoctoral fellowships if they permanently reside and work outside Greece.
- Persons of Greek descent or citizens who are pursuing studies outside of Greece may be eligible.
- Consult website for specific and detailed eligibility guidelines.
- Knowledge of the Greek language, whenever not necessary for the proposed research, is not a prerequisite; however, elementary knowledge of Greek is preferred.
- Round-trip airfare from applicants country of residence up to €300 from a European country or €1,000 from outside of Europe.
- Doctoral-level stipend: €850 per month.
- Postdoctoral stipend: €1,300 per month.
Foreigners' Fellowships Department
Tel.: +30 210 371 3000
Categories: Annual stipend of at least $10,000; Social Sciences; Fine Arts; Humanities; US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents; International Students; Early Years of Doctoral Program; Dissertation Research; Postdoctoral/Post-graduate; Research/Study Abroad; Unrestricted
If you have questions or if this listing needs updating, please contact us.