Council for European Studies (CES) - Mellon-CES Dissertation Completion Fellowship in European Studies
Deadline: Anticipated 1/2020 ( Previous deadline 1/15/2019 )
This one-year fellowship provides support for completion of dissertations in topics related to European Studies.
- Be ABD (year 5 and above) at the start of the fellowship year;
- Be a US citizen or green card holder;
- Have no more than one full year of dissertation work remaining at the start of the fellowship year as certified by his or her dissertation advisor;
- Be enrolled at a higher education institution in the US that is a member of the Council for European Studies Academic Consortium. Students whose universities are not currently members of the CES consortium may apply, but they are encouraged to apply early in the application season so that every effort may be made to enroll the institution in the CES member consortium and, thus, establish the student's eligibility by the application deadline.
- Have exhausted the dissertation completion funding normally provided by his or her academic department or university for the coming academic year (applicants who still have a potential to receive funding from their institution for the fellowship year are not eligible to apply).
- Be working on a topic within or substantially overlapping European Studies.
- A $27,500 stipend.
- Assistance in securing reimbursements or waivers in eligible health insurance and candidacy fees.
Council for European Studies
Categories: Annual stipend of at least $10,000; Social Sciences; Humanities; US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents; Dissertation Write-Up; Fellowship/Grant; Unrestricted
If you have questions or if this listing needs updating, please contact us.