ACM SIGHPC / Intel - Graduate Fellowship for Women and Minorities in Computational & Data Science
Deadline: Anticipated 4/2020 ( Previous deadline 4/30/2019 )
Fellowships support women and underrepresented students pursue graduate degrees in computational and data science. Computational science encompasses any program of study where computational modeling and simulation serve as the primary methods for conducting research, typically in a field other than computer science (e.g., computational chemistry, wildfire modeling, computational hydrodynamics). Data science relies on computational analysis of large-scale data as the basis for research (e.g., ecological informatics, financial analytics). Funding is provided by Intel and administered by the Association of Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group on High Performance Computing. The fellowship offers support for up to five years.
- Be either currently enrolled in a recognized graduate program at or accepted to begin in one anywhere in the world.
- Pursue a master’s, PhD, or equivalent degree in computational or data science, although the formal name of the program may be somewhat different.
- Have completed less than half of her/his planned program of study, with preference given to students who are still early in their studies.
- Be a woman and/or a member of a racial/ethnic group that is currently underrepresented in the computing field in the country where the student will earn the degree.
- Be nominated by their advisor or intended advisor.
- Preference will be given to candidates whose background is from disciplines other than computer science.
- US$15,000 annually, adjusted depending on the country where the degree will be earned, using the most recent national price level ratio published by the World Bank.
- Travel to the annual Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis to accept the award.
Special Interest Group on High Performance Computing
Association for Computing Machinery
Categories: Annual stipend of at least $10,000; Sciences/Engineering/Math; US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents; International Students; Master's; Early Years of Doctoral Program; Dissertation Research; Dissertation Write-Up; Fellowship/Grant; Underrepresented Students; Women
If you have questions or if this listing needs updating, please contact us.